Vendors who wish to participate in the SATURDAY ARTISAN & CRAFTERS MARKET (SACM) are required to join by submitting a signed contract, which indicates agreement to the guidelines herein. First time vendors may be required to provide samples or pictures of items to be sold.
2. A seasonal fee of $60 (nonrefundable) for Regular Participation is required and payable upon submission of contract.
3. A $15 fee for each Saturday from May through October will be collected by SACM after the vendor has set up in their designated space. .
4. Student Participants (under the age of 18) will be encouraged. Each Student Participant will be charged a Seasonal Participation fee of $50 with a $10 weekly Saturday fee from May through October.
5. Rotating vendors who do not have a permanent space and only participate a few times a season, will not be charged the seasonal fee and will charged $20 per Saturday they attend.
6. Live musicians are allowed, but must play at a low volume.
7. Vendors shall indemnify and hold SACM, the City of Grants Pass, their officers, employees, agents, and members blameless from any and all loss, damage, or injury to products/ art/goods or persons during market hours, including set up and take down.
8. There will be garbage cans and rest room facilities on site.
WHAT IS SACM?
SACM offers a non-commission based opportunity for artists and crafters to sell their creations and products in a safe, convenient, outdoor environment during the months of May through October
WHAT ARE SACM BUSINESS HOURS?
Sales hours are 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. every Saturday from May to October. Set up time is between 7 am and 8:30 am and take down is @ 1pm & must be complete by 2:00 p.m. each day. There will be NO late Vendor arrivals or early Vendor take downs.
WHAT DO VENDORS NEED TO BRING TO THEIR ASSIGNED SPACES?
Vendors will need to bring their own chairs, tables, umbrellas and straight legged canopies. No splayed leg canopies will be allowed and any umbrella/canopy must be capable of being weighted. A maximum 10' x 10' canopy, per space, is allowed.
WHAT CAN VENDORS SELL?
All arts and crafts must be original works produced by the vendor. SACM retains the right to decline applications if the material is deemed inappropriate for exhibition at a family event and to remove such work if it is exhibited.
WILL MY PRODUCT BE JURIED?
The vendor’s product will not be formally juried, although SACM will strive to achieve a balance between the different craft media so that we present an event that has a broad appeal to the public.
WHAT CAN VENDORS NOT SELL?
No food or beverages can be sold by vendors other than SACM designated vendors. No agricultural products (veggies/plants) allowed other than use in Vendor space decoration purposes. No sale of animals is allowed.
SET UP AND TAKE DOWN PROCEDURES: May through October: For set up, Vendors will approach SACM via ‘E’ Street and making a left onto 5th Street. (If there is a deviation from this due to expansion in size, you will be notified.) A SACM manager will direct you to your space. Pull forward to that assigned space.
Unload your art/product and then pull out of SACM area. Park on an adjacent street and return to set up. DO NOT SET UP YOUR SPACE AT TIME OF UNLOADING. KEEP THE “UNLOADING” TRAFFIC FLOW GOING.
Return to set up your booth. Please use extreme caution while driving through the area. A no-tolerance policy will be observed in regards to careless or reckless operation of a vehicle.
AT CLOSE OF MARKET TAKE DOWN YOUR BOOTH AND PACK UP YOUR ITEMS BEFORE RETRIEVING YOUR VEHICLE. Spaces must be clean at the time of vendor’s departure.
GENERAL RULES AND PROCEDURES:
- No smoking, no vaping and no e-cigarettes or alcohol is allowed on premises. If you smoke, vape or use e-cigarettes you must be 10' from sidewalk so that smoke/vapor doesn’t drift into the market spaces.
-No Pets in booth.
- Vendors are responsible for set up including all costs, labor, materials, equipment, tenting, supplies and any other items necessary for the performance of their participation in SACM. Protection of any items or property at the site are the sole responsibility of the artist.
- A maximum of two (2) crafters may share a space.
- Professional attitude and consideration for other artists/crafters, area businesses, venue owners, event-goers and grass/sidewalk areas is expected at all times.
- No Vendor shall arrange his exhibit as to obscure or interfere with nearby Vendors nor intrude into the street further than ten feet from the curb. This is for common courtesy of other vendors and safety of the public.
- If a Vendor participates EVERY Saturday, SACM will attempt to assign the same space to a Vendor each time. If there is a conflict/illness which precludes the Vendor from attending on a particular Saturday, they must notify a SACM representative ahead of time for scheduling purposes. If a representative is not notified, or a Vendor misses numerous Saturdays, the assigned space may change.
- SACM will strive to maintain a balance of products throughout the venue, not placing like products together.
- SACM shall have full power in the endorsement and interpretation of all the rules and regulations contained herein, and the power to make amendments and further rules and regulations as considered necessary for the proper conduct and success of the market. Vendors who don’t adhere to SACM event rules and/or misrepresent their art/craft may be asked to leave the event, will forfeit his/her fee and may not participate in other events sponsored by SACM.
- Any procedural change deemed necessary by SACM will be distributed in writing to SACM members.
HAVE FUN AND SELL ART!!!
5th St. between E & F | Grants Pass, OR97531 Phone: | Fax: (541) 476-2371